Sunday, July 3, 2011

Phuket, Thailand


For the past 4 days we have been in Phuket, Thailand. Thailand has felt like a 2nd honeymoon for us. It is the most beautiful and romantic country I have ever been to. As corny as it sounds I felt like I was on some of the recent Bachelorette dates when they went to Thailand haha. I feel like the luckiest girl in the world to be able to be here with my best friend. I truly fall more in love with Craig each day of my life. We stayed at the JW Marriott Resort, which was stunning. The hotel looked like a tropical jungle situated right on a gorgeous beach. For two of the days we just hung out at the pool and beach soaking up as much sun and yummy food as we could. I stayed at this same resort 3 years ago with my family and they had a baby 1-year-old elephant that lived at the hotel and would roam the property playing with the guests like a hotel dog. I thought this was so cool and was dying to show Craig this little elephant, hoping he was still there. We finally saw him on the last day we were at the hotel! He is now 4 years old and a lot bigger but the coolest part is I got to take the same picture with him as I had 3 years earlier.












 


 









 





















































































One of the days we went on a Phi Phi Islands speedboat tour. It was a full day event that took us on an hour boat ride out to the Phi Phi Islands where we went snorkeling, swimming, went to monkey islands, had a buffet lunch on a deserted islands, and laid out on the beaches. The Phi Phi islands are by far the prettiest place I have ever seen. The water was bright aqua blue with white sandy beaches, and islands that jutted straight out of the water. The scenery was breath taking. On another day we went Elephant Trekking. This was so cool. We went high up in the mountains and saw a baby elephant show, got to feed them, and then got to go on a elephant ride! Craig and I fell in love with this country. We will never forget the beautiful friendly people, the delicious food, gorgeous scenery, the massages, the elephants, the snorkeling, and the memories we made together. We hope we can come back soon, we’ll miss you Thailand!

No comments:

Post a Comment