Sunday, July 31, 2011

Shanghai, China




After we finished our time in Hong Kong and said goodbye to my parents Craig and I were off to Shanghai China! We were only here for 3 days while Craig looked at some hotels and worked with the development team there. This was my first time in Mainland China, and wow was it a different place. I won’t get into too much detail but lets just say the government is very VERY involved in your every day life. Lets just start with having NO facebook. That alone was shocking to me. At times Craig and I felt very uneasy and got very homesick for the land of the free home of the brave. But we overlooked China’s quirks and discovered the beauty of Shanghai! We went out on a gorgeous night boat tour on the harbor and got to see the city all lit up at night. This city truly is spectacular. We were the only white people on the entire boat of 200 people and had people coming up to us all night asking to take pictures with us. I think they were blown away with how good-looking Craig was :)  






























No comments:

Post a Comment