Sunday, July 31, 2011

Beijing, China




After Shanghai, for the last 2 weeks, we went to Beijing, China. Beijing is a massive city with 2 million people and 2 millions cars. You can only imagine the traffic. In Beijing I started my job at the Spa at the hotel. I loved this job! Every day I worked from 8 to 5 in the spa at the front desk, learning about Thai massage, Chinese massage, Chinese medicine, chi, and essential oils. I got to work with the most wonderful Chinese and Thai women who taught me so much. And it was the best job of all because every day I learned about massage by getting massages from the therapists. It was glorious. None of them really spoke English so there was a lot of made of sign language used and smiling at one another. I had the opportunity to give English lessons every day too, which was a fun experience for me. Craig was busy at work all day running around Beijing looking at properties, making deals, and sitting in on meetings.
We had one Saturday to get out and tour the city. We were gone from 7am to 7pm touring all daylong. We went to the Great Wall of China, Tiananmen square, the Summer Palace, the Forbidden City, try Peking Duck, and got to go see the Hutongs while riding on a little bike! My favorite was the Great Wall of China. This place truly is magnificent. It was amazing to walk on something so old and historic. We took gondolas to get up to the wall and on the way back down we road on little rickety old toboggans! It was so fun!
By the end of our 2 weeks in Beijing we were more then ready to come home. It has been a wile summer. We have been on 20 flights, stayed in 10 hotels, and have experienced more then I ever could have imagined in a whole life time. I feel so blessed to have been able to get to do this all with my very best friend in the entire world. Craig is truly the most incredible man I have ever met. If it wasn’t for his hard work and drive I would never have had these experiences. I feel like the luckiest girl in the world to have married Craig. We have had the time of our life and will cherish these memories forever


























































































1 comment:

  1. You both look so good. Awww, we miss you two. I hope you are loving your cruise. xoxo

    ReplyDelete