Sunday, October 17, 2010

Walking Down Memory Lane in Belgium!



This past weekend we went to Belgium! It was so much fun to travel back to this beautiful country where I lived for 3 years when I was younger. We were lucky enough to meet up with Craig’s brother in-law Mark, who was in Belgium on business. On Friday Mark, Craig, and I drove down to Luxembourg to visit a gorgeous castle! My parents used to take us there when we lived in Belgium. It was always one of my favorite places to visit because of how magical it feels there. After walking around the castle we went to a great World War II museum. On the drive back to Belgium we drove through Bastogne and the Ardennes forest. That night I showed Mark and Craig downtown Brussels. We went to the Grand Place and we ate dinner at our families all time favorite Greek restaurant, Mykonos. We walked to see the famous Mannequin Piss statue, of the little boy peeing, and we were lucky enough to see him dressed up haha! We even found the statue of the little girl peeing that was created because of women feeling it was unfair that there was a boy statue and not a girl…strange. At the end of the night of course we had to get a delicious Belgian waffle. We were so happy that we could spend this day with Mark. It was so nice to finally see a familiar face from home and to be with family again.

The Next day we took a trip down memory lane. I showed Craig my old little town that I used to live in. We walked around the Saturday market and were surrounded by fresh flowers, bread, fruit, cheese, and crepes. We walked around my old neighborhood and found my old house! We knocked on the door to see if we could walk through it but there was no one home. But the house looked very cute and just how I remembered it. I showed Craig the parks around my house and the cute little stores down the street. It was so much fun to visit my past and share it with Craig! That night we went to the Atomium where my family and I used to go on the weekends for dinner and a movie. We had a great day.

This trip was incredible! I loved revisiting some of my most cherished memories and showing all of my favorite spots with Craig. I cannot tell you how grateful I am for those 3 years that I lived in Belgium. This time that we have Europe right now is so special for Craig and I and we are cherishing every moment.


I had to show how light Craig and I have been traveling on our weekend trips. Only one small backpack for the whole weekend! This is a huge step for me and my packing issues. haha.

About to leave to Belgium!

The gorgeous castle in Luxembourg


So happy that we got to see Mark.



World War II Museum

The Grand Place in Brussels


You have to touch it for good luck

Mykonos!!!

My favorite pita...

My brother's favorite pita....Craig prefers mine guys ;)

The Mannequin Piss... haha


oh jeez... the little girl peeing...thanks women's rights


The Belgian Waffle. yum.


In my old town!


Standing at my bus stop on our street!


Outside our house!


At the Atomium!

2 comments:

  1. OMGGGGG kimmie i cant believe you went back to brussels!!!! how exciting, i loved the pics of your house- exactly how i remember it too :) im so happy we had that year together there. i LOLed in class when you talked about the atonium..how once i puked when we saw harry potter..and we would always walk around saying the floor is your friend..trying to avoid all the MOOKIES LOLLL your trip looks so amazing- it looks like you and craig are really making the most of being in Europe!! I'm so happy for you two :) Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark had so much fun with you guys! I wish I could have been there too! I love all your pictures! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete